Connecticut Council for Philanthropy
CHEFA FY 2022 Grant Programs
CHEFA anticipates resuming our typical three (Client, Nonprofit, Targeted) grant programs for FY 2022. We expect to provide additional information about those grant cycles in Spring 2021. Please check our website at that time for more information.
In addition, you may reach out to Betty Sugerman Weintraub, Grant Program Manager at email@example.com or by phone at 860.761.8428 for more information.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING FY 2021 GRANTS
Please note that our typical three grant cycles (Client, Nonprofit, and Targeted) were replaced with the FY 2021 CHEFA COVID-19 Grant cycle. A total of $3M was awarded by the CHEFA Board of Directors at their June Board meeting for statewide grants responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants were primarily in CHEFA's four core priority areas of healthcare, education, childcare, and cultural. Please see attachment below for the list of FY 2021 COVID-19 Grant awardees.
CHEFA Announces Grant Program Modifications Due to COVID -19
At the April 15, 2020 board meeting, the CHEFA Board of Directors approved the following modifications to the existing FY 2019 and 2020 Client and Nonprofit Grant Programs and upcoming FY 2020 Nonprofit Grants:
GRANT TIMEFRAME EXTENSIONS
1. An additional six months for:
a. FY 2019 Nonprofit Grant Program
b. FY 2019 Client Grant Program
c. FY 2020 Client Grant Program
d. FY 2019 Targeted Grant Program: for second year of two-year grant
e. FY 2020 Targeted Grant Program
2. Allow FY 2020 Nonprofit Grant Program (currently under review) approved grants by the Board of Directors at the May 20, 2020 board meeting to have eighteen months to complete their project/program.
3. CHEFA may offer additional extensions at its sole discretion.
GRANT REPORTING TIMEFRAME EXTENSIONS
1. A six-month timeframe extension for grant reporting for all FY 2019-2021 cycles.
2. CHEFA may offer additional extensions at its sole discretion.
POTENTIAL FOR GENERAL OPERATING SUPPORT
1. Allow for FY 2019 Nonprofit and FY 2020 Client grantees to convert their program grants to general operating grants if the crisis results in program disruption.
2. Allow program grants awarded through the FY 2020 Nonprofit Grant cycle as of the May 20, 2020 board meeting to utilize their award for general operating funds. Awardees will be notified of details after May 20th board meeting. Please note May 15th deadline noted below does not apply to this grant cycle.
3. Allow for current or pending capital expenditure grantees to request redirection of their grants to general operating funds. These grant requests will be reviewed by management and approved on a case by case basis.
4. Allow organizations requesting conversion of their remaining program/capital expenditure grants to general operating funds to utilize the effective date of March 2, 2020 through the end of the grant cycle.
For more information please contact Betty Sugerman Weintraub, Grant Program Manager at 860.761.8428 or firstname.lastname@example.org