CHEFA Announces Grant Program Modifications Due to COVID -19
At the April 15, 2020 board meeting, the CHEFA Board of Directors approved the following modifications to the existing FY 2019 and 2020 Client and Nonprofit Grant Programs and upcoming FY 2020 Nonprofit Grants:
GRANT TIMEFRAME EXTENSIONS
1. An additional six months for:
a. FY 2019 Nonprofit Grant Program
b. FY 2019 Client Grant Program
c. FY 2020 Client Grant Program
d. FY 2019 Targeted Grant Program: for second year of two-year grant
e. FY 2020 Targeted Grant Program
2. Allow FY 2020 Nonprofit Grant Program (currently under review) approved grants by the Board of Directors at the May 20, 2020 board meeting to have eighteen months to complete their project/program.
3. CHEFA may offer additional extensions at its sole discretion.
GRANT REPORTING TIMEFRAME EXTENSIONS
1. A six-month timeframe extension for grant reporting for all FY 2019-2021 cycles.
2. CHEFA may offer additional extensions at its sole discretion
POTENTIAL FOR GENERAL OPERATING SUPPORT
1. Allow for FY 2019 Nonprofit and FY 2020 Client grantees to convert their program grants to general operating grants if the crisis results in program disruption.
3. Allow for current or pending capital expenditure grantees to request redirection of their grants to general operating funds. These grant requests will be reviewed by management and approved on a case by case basis.
ALL GRANTEES MUST INFORM CHEFA IN ADVANCE OF THEIR INTENT TO EXERCISE THESE OPTIONS BY CONTACTING BETTY SUGERMAN WEINTRAUB, GRANT PROGRAM MANAGER.
For more information please contact Betty Sugerman Weintraub, Grant Program Manager at 860.761.8428 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All CHEFA grantees are required to file an online Interim Report at the six month timeframe and a Final Project Report within 60 days of the end of their grant period on the CHEFA Grant Management System (pertains to all FY 2019 and later grants, if your grant was FY 2018 or earlier, a hard copy form will be provided). Please contact Betty Sugerman Weintraub, Grant Program Manager at email@example.com
All requests for modifications to CHEFA grants must be made in writing via an initial email or a call to the Authority. After consultation with the Grant Progarm Manager, the organization will be asked to either complete the online or Word Document Grant Modification Form. Please contact Betty Sugerman Weintraub, Grant Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Modifications should not be requested during the final 60 days of any grant period, nor after a grant period has ended.
Grantees are reminded that the grant agreement requires grantees to maintain full, accurate and current records of the funded project, which shall show, and separately account for the grant funds disbursed by the Authority and identify the purposes for which, and manner in which, the Grant Funds are expended. The failure to ensure that records are accurately maintained and funds are spent as delineated in the project budget provided to the Authority constitutes a breach of the grant agreement.
Grantees are required to use and retain capital assets purchased with grant funds for a minimum of five years. Disposal, transfer, or sale of said assets within five years of award, without the written consent of the Authority will constitute a breach of the grant agreement. The Authority may be obligated to report findings of noncompliance to various State and regulatory authorities.